Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Beach Family Photos 2013, Destin, Fl

Hi all!!  I'm SO excited to share our family photos!!!!!  First I'll start with a little back story... it's short, I promise :)
About a month or so after we moved from Colorado to Florida, I was perusing Facebook since I really didn't have much else to do with my time.  I follow a page for the spouses of the base we've moved to, and someone posted that they were also new to the area and needed friends!  Ah, the joys of military life!  I responded immediately along with a few others, and soon enough a group of us were planning a lunch date within a few short days.  We all gelled immediately, and I've made some great friends in the process.  That is one of the best things about being a military spouse--yes it's hard to make friendships and then move away, but I would have never met anyone I met in Colorado or now in Florida if it wasn't for the military, and I know some of these will be life long friendships.

One of the beautiful ladies at lunch that day was Michaelle, and we soon learned that she's a photographer with over 17 years of experience!  I knew immediately I'd be hiring her for our family photos this year, and a few weeks later we finally got to planning!  I really wanted beach photos this year, but the area we live in doesn't really have any dog friendly areas, we'd have to drive at least an hour in either direction.  Since it's off-season and we'd be taking photos later in the day, Michaelle knew of a little spot that has very little traffic.  She staked it out the day of our photoshoot, and we snuck the dogs on for their first (short) beach experience!

October and November are the best months for beautiful sunsets in Destin, and the weather was so perfect!  I love how our photos turned out, she did such a great job!  If you're looking for a great photographer in the Destin area, check out Michaelle Mulhollan of Mulhollan Portrait Design

My little squidwards!


Linguine is so regal (the teensy one).



Giving the babies some love!




































I did a coppery smokey eye using one of my all-time favorite eyeshadows. bareMinerals Sex Kitten!  It is such a stunning copper eyeshadow, complements all eye colors, and is way more fun than your boring brown!  It has a matted base, so when blended out it will minimize the sparkle a bit.  It's like having 3 eyeshadows in one--a matte brown, a shimmery copper, and a glittery copper (when applied with a wet brush).  It's pretty dang fabulous.  On my cheeks is my ALL TIME favorite blush Nars Torrid.  The picture on their website doesn't do it justice in the slightest.  It's the most beautiful coral toned blush, a bit of orange pink and peach all mixed together with very faint illuminating gold flecks that catch the light.  It's just a perfect blush!  For my highlight, I used Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelee in Heat Wave.  Contour was, as always, The Balm Bahama Mama.  On my lips, I lined with Jordana lipliner in Tawny and layered with L'Oreal Infallible 8 HR Le Gloss in Sunset.  Dress is from Ross, skinny belt is a few seasons ago on clearance from Old Navy.

I hope you all enjoyed this post and it gave you some inspiration for your own family photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment