Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thera & Davie's Engagement Photos, Colorado Springs

Hi all!!  I have a FANTASTIC set of engagement photos to share!!  Thera & Davie did a mixture of a themed engagement photo shoot, and a more traditional shoot so I have two looks in one for this special post!

(Picture heavy post)
I worked with Thera for almost two years at Ideal Image.  She's absolutely adorable and barely wears makeup, so the fact that I got to do her makeup was so much fun!!!!  I'll also be going back to Colorado for her wedding next summer and doing the makeup for that as well :)

My girls and I at Ideal Image became part time wedding planners between Lisa's wedding and Thera's wedding.  Once Thera got engaged, our wheels started turning like crazy!!  One day, we were discussing ideas for engagement photos and save the dates and I came up with a genius idea.  Yes, I'm tooting my own horn!!  Davie is a tattoo artist, so I suggested that it would be so fun to do something at the tattoo shop, we could style Thera to look like a punky modern day pin up while Davie "tattoos" Save the Date with their wedding date on her arm or back.  Of course, it was a hit!

Melissa of Lola Bird Photography, another one of our coworkers, is an AMAZINGLY talented photographer.  I mean, she is so young and her work looks better than some photographers I've seen who have been professionals for decades!  She truly has such an amazing artistic talent and a great eye for photos, it's spectacular to watch her work and see how amazing her photos come out.  I would literally recommend ANYONE to go to her for their photos, she is absolutely incredible!

Now, I love me some theme makeup.  Must be my inner theater kid.  Doing pin up makeup on Thera was soooo fun!!  We did a little more smokey than a traditional pin up and it was FABULOUS.


 Love love LOVE pin up styling!!


 I used Ardell false lashes, I believe just the plain Demi set, to add to her dramatic look and Mac lipstick in Ruby Woo for the perfect pin up red lips!





 I know Thera will kill me slowly for posting that pic and the next few, but they show off the makeup so well!!  I'll take them down with enough protest ;)











The next few photos are from my iPhone






I used some of that fabulous bareMinerals Genuine Jade body glow on her shoulders, check out that amazing glow!



Getting a little sneak peak from Melissa!

















Now for a costume change!  I carefully removed Thera's lipstick and eyeshadow and toned down her look for the second part of their photo shoot, which was a more traditional engagement shoot.


 How ridiculously cute are they?!





 Pretty much obsessed with this shot.





 Patooties, can't wait till these two procreate!! :)


They did a color bomb fight for the third part of their shoot!  So cute!  But you better believe through all that powder her makeup still looked FIERCE.


I hope you all enjoyed this post!  This was probably the most fun I've ever had doing an engagement shoot, and all the more better than it was for such good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment