Monday, November 11, 2013

Makeover Monday with Auburn!

Hi all!!  I have another wonderful Makeover Monday post to share, featuring the beautiful Auburn!
Auburn is another fellow Air Force wife who wanted to be a part of Makeover Monday!  She is so fabulously sweet and gorgeous!  Auburn typically goes for a very natural makeup look, so I thought I'd vamp it up a bit to showcase her amazing green/gold/hazel eyes.  She has such a unique and stunning eye color, I couldn't wait to get started!

Auburn was open to something out of her normal day to day.  I opted for a soft plum smokey eye (yes, my favorite) with pinky cheeks and a pink nude lip, because I knew how incredibly bright it would make her eyes.  It's soft enough to be able to wear every day, or go a little heavier on the liner and in the crease for a fun night out!


















































































How amazing does she look?!  I love playing up a woman's natural beauty and enhancing what she already has, not making crazy drastic changes!

Her eyes are the center of attention, but I had to play up those incredible lips as well!  Auburn has a basically perfect lip shape, so I used a soft pinky nude liner (I will look at which one tomorrow and post on here!) to softly outline her lips, and filled in with what may be Auburn's perfect nude lipstick--MAC Shy Girl!  It's such a stunning color, with just enough pink to not be too matchy matchy.  I then dotted a bit of NYX Sparkling Beige Lipstick just in the center of the upper and lower lips.  It adds just a hint of pinky gold sparkle and enhances the beautiful fullness of her lips!  On her cheeks, I used The Balm Bahama Mama for a light contour, highlighted with Estee Lauder Pure Color in Heat Wave and then popped a bit of Benefit Hervana Blush on the apples of her cheeks and lightly blended it up her cheek bones.  I don't know if y'all have tried that blush, not only is the color amazing but it smells SO GOOD!!!  It's not cloyingly fragranced, just very clean and fresh and a little rosey almost.  Ugh I love it!

I had so much fun with this makeover.  Auburn is a local Mary Kay rep, and her passion is skincare.  She told me afterwards that I've reignited her love for beauty and glamour that had fallen a bit to the wayside.  I love being able to do that for women!!

I plan on ordering a lightbox because I'm too lazy to DIY one, and I will start photographing the products I use so it's a little easier to see!! :)

2 comments:

  1. The blog is looking great! Thought I'd pop in and see what changes you implemented - I like the new header and the overall the site is looking better and better! Keep it up, you are absolutely going in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martiel! I think it's slowly getting there, I feel like I make a change every 2 days! haha! :)

      Delete